- Joanne Segars OBE – a widely respected figure in the pensions community. She is currently the Chair of LGPS Central Ltd, which pools the investments of nine large Midlands-based local authority pension funds. Prior to this, she worked for many years in senior positions in the pensions sector, including as Chief Executive of the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA) (previously the National Association for Pension Funds (NAPF)) for over 10 years and as Head of Pensions at the Trades Union Congress (TUC). Joanne is a current board member of NOW: Pensions, and the Environment Agency.
University and College Union (UCU) nominations:
- Saul Jacka is a professor of statistics at the University of Warwick and a Turing fellow at the Alan Turing Institute.
- Deborah Mabbett is a professor of public policy at Birkbeck much of whose research has focussed on the relationship between the state and occupational or private pension schemes.
- Bryn Davies is an actuary who has worked widely within the trade union movement. He replaced Catherine Donnelly in February 2019.
Universities UK (UUK) nominations:
- Ronnie Bowie is a partner at the pensions consultancy Hymans Robertson and chair of court at the University of Dundee.
- Sally Bridgeland is a non-executive director at the Local Pensions Partnership and a trustee of the Lloyds Bank pension scheme.
- Chris Curry is director of the Pensions Policy Institute. He was an economic adviser at the Department of Social Security and co-chaired the Department for Work and Pensions’ automatic enrolment review advisory group.